6 Weeks of Self Isolation

It’s  a  beautiful sunny morning  and the trees are now turning green with  their new leaves. The past 6  weeks have been “interesting”.  The  first weeks I decided it was a good time to clean my  “studio”,  which I did, although it’s always an ongoing project. My  goal of 20  mugs a month has fallen  by the  wayside as  I decided I needed to conserve my clay or I would run out. I’ve used the time to try some new techniques which are now loaded in the kiln for their first firing. The outcomes of new techniques is a process that sometimes needs to go through several firings. With the warmer weather, I’m looking at taking my kiln shelves outside to grind, spraying glazes on my pots, scrubbing out some empty buckets, washing my tools, larger bats and equipment, and more. My kiln is just about full with a bisque firing, which I hope to do in the next few days, I just have a couple of pieces that I’m waiting for to dry to finish loading the kiln.

IMG_7532

Playing with slip trailing and underglaze.

IMG_7288

Trying some plaques.

IMG_7457

Slip, underglaze and slip trailing.

IMG_7605

New pieces.

IMG_7604

Cassarole dish, just about dry.

IMG_7603

Kiln is just about full.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s